Christ The Bread of Life Parish
Top Ten Reasons to Join the High School Youth Group
10) We are actually a lot of fun.
Come to a meeting and see what we are all about! Don’t make your decision to not come, on a pre-conceived notion of what you think it will be like!! You will be surprised!! J
9) We talk about amazing and interesting things during meetings, things that affect all of you every day.
8) We have extracurricular events and outings.
Dinner and a Movie Night
Lake Compounce’s Haunted Graveyard
End of Year Trip
7) We get to throw events that we plan and run for the entire Parish Community.
Harvest Gathering Coffee and…Treats.
Bingo and Card Party for the Seniors
6) We have community service opportunities to help those in need.
5) We must be doing something right. People join and most stay involved all 4 years. Our members are grades 9-12 and they are active in their own lives as well. They have jobs, play sports, are in plays, in the national honor society, some take AP courses, and their lives are very busy, yet they still make time to come to our meetings because they find them fun and enlightening.
4) Make some new friends.
Members attend Hamden High, Sacred Heart, Notre Dame, Lauralton, Mercy, Hill Regional Career and ESMUS.
It is an opportunity to meet and interact with kids you might never have had a chance to meet in any other setting.
3) Hang out with Old Friends.
Bring friends or family members, who are also in grades 9-12, with you.
Participants don’t need to belong to our Parish or even be Catholic - they just have to be open-minded and want to be a part of something that is fun and exciting.
2) It doesn’t take up a lot of your time.
We get together twice a month, Sunday evenings, 6PM-8PM
Occasionally activities /outings might take place a different day or time
1) Being a part of this group will help you in ways you never thought of... 9th and 10th Grade members can use activity hours toward the mandatory Religious Education Community Service Hours.
ALL the activities we do can also be used toward National Honor Society and on Resumes when you are looking to apply for Jobs or Colleges.
High School Youth Group
Come to one of our meetings to see what we’re all about. Bring a friend with you!!!
Who: Christ the Bread of Life High School Youth Group is an organization that welcomes students from all parishes.
What: Its purpose is to bring students in school grades 9-12, together for activities that are fun, creative, productive, informative and safe.
Why: It also provides an outlet for the students to get together in an atmosphere where they are welcomed and supported by their peers. In addition to the “fun” activities, we also promote discussion groups on current events, morality, life skills, good decision making skills, and we encourage them to get involved in community service projects. It also gives incoming High School students a chance to meet upperclassmen and make friends with kids from their schools, and other schools, that they might otherwise not meet. We currently have students that attend Hamden High, Sacred Heart, Notre Dame, Lauralton, Mercy, Hill Regional Career and ESMUS.
When: The meetings are held twice a month, Sunday evenings, 6:00 – 8:00. Occasionally we have activities or events that take place other days or times.
Where: We meet in the Christ the Bread of Life Youth Group Center. It is the small white building located across the street from the Church, behind the Parish Center.
What else: In addition to meetings, we also do extra curricular events and outings. We have picnics, game nights, dinner and movie nights, we go to Lake Compounce in October and for our end of year trip. We also run the Harvest Gathering Coffee and…Treats Event, plan a card day for the seniors and support other parish ministries when possible, and that’s just a small example of what we do.
Bonus: The 9th and 10th grade religious education classes have to complete community service hours before making their confirmation. All Youth Group extracurricular activities go towards fulfilling that obligation. You can complete your community service hours while having fun and working with your friends!! Students have also used their hours towards Honor Society requirements, resumes and college applications.
And: Students are also welcome to bring friends or family members, who are also in grades 9-12, with them. Participants do not need to belong to our Parish or even be Catholic; they just have to be open-minded and want to be a part of something that is fun and exciting.
Finally: All events are attended and supervised by Adult Coordinator Jazmin Jimenez a former member of the Youth Group. Please contact Jazmin @ email@example.com, for more information.